Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Spot Challenge #106 Modern Heart

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday from the frozen tundra of Colorado... Who knew that 3 days ago that it was over 70 Degrees, I had on a tank top and even got a bit of sunburn. The pigs are nestled down in there houses and Taryn did her first virtual pig show! She did a great job for never showing pigs before!

This week The Spot Creative Challenge has one of my favorite colors combos as a challenge for you! Petal Pink, Gray Granite, and any thing metal! This could be Foils, Glimmer Paper, Embellishments, and of course Heat Embossing. It is a color combo I use A LOT and I really struggled with doing something that I hadn't done or was a bit replayed! Let me show you what I have created.


When the Annual Catalog came out last year, Modern Heart was one of the FIRST sets that I purchased, I used it a couple times and put it away. So with the retiring list coming out in just a couple weeks, I felt like I needed to bring this one out again! 
I started by stamping the large heart on Gray Granite with Versamark so that I could heat emboss the design with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder. Then I fussy cut this and set it aside. I had actually started this card with whole other idea, which is where the Corrugated embossed Petal Pink piece came from. It is nicely layered over a strip of Copper Foil. I created the background using the other stamps from the Modern Heart Stamp set. With the Petal Pink wash look. Gray Granite smaller hearts and Petal Pink mini hearts. It was a great touch with under my accent strips. I adhered the heart with the Stampin' Dimensionals over the strips. The sentiment was stamped in Gray Granite over the Petal Pink swoosh. I die cut this with one of the Rectangle Stitched Dies. A nice Whisper White Bakers Twine with few Metallic Pearls was the perfect touch. This is nicely layered onto a Gray Granite layer and a Petal Pink card base.

I can't wait to see what you create with this oh so pretty color challenge! 
Have an amazing day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment