Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Spot 105 Sketch Challenge

Happy Tuesday! I feel like I start every post with "I hope". I think all of us have a bit of hope inside. Hope for things to return to normal or at least a new normal, whatever that may be. The kids are settling into their online/distance learning. Last week was not ideal while dealing with sick animals but everyone seems to be healthy.

Today I am back with The Spot, Rick has created a fun sketch for all of us to create with. I have struggled in the creating category lately, and I blame it all on stress! You can get more details about this new challenge by clicking the link below.

When I sat down yesterday morning to make this, I found that I was a week ahead mentally on our challenge schedule and I almost made the wrong card. I would have been ahead, right?! After bouncing ideas around it came to me after lunch... Let me show you what I have created!!



Andrea water colored!!! Sometimes I have even surprise myself. This great card was created using our Fluid 100 water color paper, Stazon, Watercolor Pencils, and my Aqua Painters. Breathtaking Bouquet was the perfect set to pair with the Tailored Tag Punch and Thanks For the Laughs sentiment set. First, I stamped the Breathtaking Bouquet with Jet Black Stazon Ink on the Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper. Next, I used the Tailored Tag Punch to Punch. When I punched out my 3 tags, I just wanted to be sure that the pattern was relatively close and I didn't lose a lot. After punching, I used my Aqua Painters with the Watercolor Pencils. The colors used can be found in the first assortment, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry. Once these were colored I set them aside to dry a bit. The card front needed something, so I took my Aqua Painter and added a Pool Party wash in the background. My sentiment from Thanks For The Laughs, is stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink and die cut using the small stitched rectangle from the Ornate Layers Dies. The tags and sentiment piece were adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals and is accented with a Linen Thread bow and Gold Glitter Enamel Dots. This is nicely layered onto a mat of Rich Razzleberry and is on a refreshing base of Pool Party Card stock.

I am so glad that you have stopped by today! I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge! Remember links close on Saturday night! 
Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment