Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The Spot 151 Slimline Magnolias

Good Morning! I hope you are all doing well. I am refereeing Wesley and Taryn this morning! It is crazy how those two continue to argue and bicker. Hopefully one day Wesley realizes that his job is to protect her and not pick on her! I had a really fun weekend doing a virtual stamping retreat with a group of other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators! There were new friendships made and lots of laughs! It was good for the soul!

This week The Spot Design Team has a fun challenge for you! We are creating Slim Line cards. Craft room confession, this was my first time! I chose to play with products from our Annual Catalog to make todays design! Let me show you what I have created!


My card started with my Early Espresso Ink Pad and Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. I have stamped the large bloom 3 separate times using Early Espresso ink and my Stampin' Blends to color. The leaves used Light Mossy Meadow, Dark Soft Seafoam and Light Soft Seafoam. The Bloom used Ivory, Dark Petal Pink and Light Petal Pink. Once I had all of them colored, I used a blending brush to add a bit of a distressed look with my Soft Suede ink. This is nicely matted onto a Crumb Cake piece of card stock. The oh so delicious Striped Petal Pink Ribbon was a gorgeous addition over the strip of wood DSP from the In Good Taste DSP. A Square Vellum Doily was the perfect touch under the stitched die cut label from the Wild Rose Dies. A few of the Elegant Faceted Dots added a nice finishing touch!

I can't wait for you to see what the rest of my friends have made with this fun and trendy challenge! 
Hope your day is amazing!




2 comments: