Friday, February 5, 2021

TGIF 302 Wild Roses Color Challenge


Happy Friday! This week has gone by in a blur! I can't believe that Taryn is now officially 11!!! It seems like just a few months ago I was blogging about her 1st day in Kindergarten and getting ready for a Denver Bronco Super Bowl Win... my does time fly when we are having fun! We celebrated with a birthday of her choice, the girl chose Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus and then we had cake for dessert! She got a brand new batch of clothes from Stitch Fix, Bedding, some Lego DOTS and some other girly things. She was so excited! 


I am back this week with the TGIF Design Team for this Valentine inspired color challenge and a challenge it was! I wasn't quite sure how to pull off these colors. When I struggle with a color challenge I tend to go for some sort of ink based technique. Today I chose to use the Blending Brushes! They sure are getting a workout in my stamp room, and you shouldn't look them over!


The card today started with a piece of Basic White cardstock. I used my Blending Brushes to ink it up with Real Red and Petal Pink. It created an ombre like effect. Then I stamped it with Versamark using the Wild Rose background stamp so that I could heat emboss it with Cleat Stampin' Emboss powder. I stumbled on a similar layout on Pinterest recently and decided to give a try. The inked up layer is adhered to a Smoky Slate base with Stampin' Dimensionals (I should have used our Foam Adhesive Strips). Once I had things set, I die cut the word LOVE from our Copper Foil using the Playful Alphabet Dies. It sits nicely on a piece of Basic White that is layered over a heart from the Be Mine Stitched Dies that I die cut out of our Velum Cardstock. A few of our Elegant Faceted Dots was the perfect touch for this card that is on a card base of Smoky Slate!

I can't wait to see what you create with this weeks challenge! 
Hope you have a fabulous day!





2 comments: