Tuesday, November 10, 2020

The Spot 136 Christmas Gleaming

Hey, Hey Happy Tuesday! It has not been easy week... which should explain my absence! Joshua had to go Children's Hospital ER last Tuesday night. Let me say that everything is fine and he did not have a seizure but we had to be sure that was the case and to do that meant me taking the 6 hour round trip drive. I will say that I was proud of myself for getting home in one piece. I never felt drowsy... I guess when you are wound for sound and worried about your kid that is what happens! However, 2-3 hours of sleep ruins your week!!!


Today I am back with The Spot design team! This week our challenge is to create something using the Emboss Resist technique! It is honestly one of those techniques that you for get about! I chose to create a card with the carry over set Christmas Gleaming and paired with the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper for this not so traditional Christmas Card! 


First and foremost, who doesn't love a non traditional colored Christmas card?! I even try to find wrapping paper that isn't traditional... With the challenge being an emboss resist I decided to heat emboss two of the ornaments from the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and punch them with the coordinating punches. I chose to sponge the large one with Magenta Madness and the smaller one with Granny Apple Green. Next, I stamped the holly image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored the leaves with my Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends. It is tucked behind the large ornament for a pop of color! The sentiment is stamped in Magenta Madness on the 2 1/4" Circle punch. I added a bit of the sprinkles from the stamp set in the Tuxedo Black. I have layered the ornaments over the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals. This focal is adhered too the Silver and White stripe from the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper. This is nicely matted onto a piece of Basic Black Card Stock and adhered to the Magenta Madness at a wonky angle. I went ahead and stamped the filigree type stamp at the top left and bottom right with Magenta Madness ink. This is all layered onto a Granny Apple Green layer and accented with the Snowflake Splendor Ribbon. A few Clear Basic Rhinestone is all this card needed once I had it adhered to my Basic Black Card base!

Now it is your turn! I can't wait to see what you create for this weeks Emboss Resist challenge!
Have an amazing day@

No comments:

Post a Comment