Thursday, November 12, 2020

One Stamp At A Time Glad Tidings We Bring Blog Hop

Good Morning and happy Thursday! Where has this week gone? I feel like it is still earlier this week and football shouldn't be tomorrow but it is! It has been a week where I have had to be somewhere each day... I really hate weeks like that. It messes with my creativity! Joshua had a rough day yesterday but we get to see our family doctor today and Taryn stayed home because of a cough... no other symptoms, just a cough! The rules at school are make it so that she can't go to school today either because of the COVID-19 precautions they are taking on the school. We have only had 7 total cases in the school. Which is an amazing blessing! Enough about that, as I am sure that we have all heard enough.
Today, is the last hop for the One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop for the 2020 year! We are hopping with the theme Glad Tidings We Bring. I have chosen to hop with the Wonder Of The Season Suite in our Holiday Mini Catalog. This is an amazing suite that has gotten a ton of love in my craft room! I have even added a few dies from the the Tasteful Label Dies. Let me show you what I have created!


In the hustle and bustle of Christmas approaching, I decided last year that I was going to redo my Christmas Tree décor. It is LOOOOOOONNNNG over due! As you know, we live kind of a farm like life so it is only appropriate that our tree be a farmhouse theme. So, a month ago I started accumulating ornaments. Some will be DIY type jobs which is how I ended up with blocks used in todays project!


My card started with the 'Tis the Season Designer Series Paper paired with the Wonder Of The Season Specialty Designer Series Paper. It is nicely layered onto a piece of Crumb Cake Card Stock that I have rubbed the edges with Soft Suede ink. I chose to use the plaid like pattern because of the traditional feel. The piece from Wonder Of The Season is matted with a piece of Garden Green card stock to give it a bit of pop. Stampin' Blends are a great way to color our ribbons and that is how I made our Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon Cherry Cobbler so that it coordinate nicely with my card. The tag die from Wishes & Wonder Bundle is amazing, I have stamped it with the pine piece from Cherish The Season using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Inks. A few little pine pieces in Garden Green from the Cherish the Season Bundle were a great touch. I wasn't sure that the reindeer would work in Crumb Cake card stock but after die cutting him and sponging him with some Soft Suede ink it turned out pretty cool. The sentiment is stamped in Garden Green ink and die cut with a die from the Tasteful Label Dies. They paired nicely with the North Pole Dies, and I even made a gold banner from the Brushed Metallic Cardstock. A bit of Gold Cord from the Wonder Of The Season Ribbon Pack and a few gems and my card was done!


Remember the DIY stuff for my Christmas tree?? I stumbled on the Jenga type block ornaments on Pinterest (go figure right?). I had 3 extra that I hadn't painted yet and painted them up to coordinate with the Wishes & Wonder Designer Series Papers. The Apple Barrel Vineyard Green is darn close to our Garden Green! I have adhered a 3/4" strip of DSP to a mat of cardstock. The Playful Alphabet Dies got a work out as I cut them from the Crumb Cake cardstock twice before cutting them out of gold foil. Our adhesive sheets came in handy for these. They are accented with a bit of the Sheer Real Red Ribbon! The great thing about them is that they could go on a package or a tree!!

I am so glad you stopped by today! Make sure you take a spin around the whole hop! I can't wait for you to see the amazing creations from each of our friends! 


Product List

1 comment: