Friday, August 23, 2019

TGIF Challenge 226 Modern Heart Splatter


Happy Friday!!! Are you ready for the weekend!? The kids are not back at school until next week! The days are being counted...trust me!!! Wesley has a football scrimmage tomorrow! The kid is pumped for football this year. It kind of took me by surprise. He tends to always take the easy road, so I thought that after playing last year... this year was questionable. I am excited too, I like being the loudest mom there!

The TGIF Challenges has a fun and what can be messy challenge for you this week! The challenge this week is Splatter and we all know I love to splatter!


Confession time, this card has been made for a while now... I actually used it as a swap card when the Annual Catalog went live in June. Let me show you what I have made!


This card started with my Whisper White card front. I have found that using an old Aqua Painter with a mixture of Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Water is the best way for me to make my splatters. Once you have splattered this mixture you sprinkle what ever embossing powder you would like! I chose to use the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. You will want to be sure you use your embossing buddy when doing this that way the powder doesn't stick in places you don't want it to! A nice Gold Foil banner was perfect with this. The heart is also heat embossed in gold over a background of Flirty Flamingo this great stamp is from the Modern Heart stamp set. I chose to use the largest stitched circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies to cut this out. It is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals over the banner and some Whisper White Bakers Twine! The sentiment is stamped in Gray Granite and then also die cut with Stitched Shapes Dies. To give a bit more umph, I have added a few Metallic Pearls for some visual texture. 

I can't wait to see the beautiful mess that you make for this challenge! Thanks for stopping by!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment