Thursday, August 13, 2020

OSAT New Beginnings Blog Hop

Happy Thursday! I am so excited that I have been able to spend time in the craft room! If I haven't been stamping, I have been freezing corn and tending to our garden. We may even have to have blanch and freeze zucchini. It is a good problem to have with cost of groceries and 3 growing kids. 
The One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop Team is back this month with the theme, New Beginnings. When I think of New Beginnings I think of Back To School. It is very uneasy time for ALL of us as parents. As many of us will be sending our kids to school for the first time in almost 6 months.  I decided to mix the carry over bundle Harvest Hello's with a bit of the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper and the Plaid Tidings for today's fun farmhouse teacher card. Let's take a look!




My card started with the Harvest Hello's stamp set. I stamped the Apple on a piece of Regal Real Red DSP using Stazon Jet Black Ink and punched it with the coordinating Apple Builder Punch. I even added a couple of leaves, one colored in Granny Apple Green and one just punched out of Granny Apple Green cardstock. The wood stem was a great touch. This sits over a strip of the dark wood from the In Good Taste DSP and Whisper White that my sentiment created with the Playful Alphabet Dies. These dies are so easy to work with and paired nicely with the Black and White Plaid card front from the Plaid Tidings DSP pack. The "Teacher" sentiment is from the Harvest Hello's, I started to use the whole thing but when I realized that it could be cut and fit over the alphabet die cuts it was perfect! A bit of Real Red trim and mat for this Crumb Cake based card. I even did the inside of the card which you will see below.





I can't take credit for this design of this box, but I can take credit for foofing it up! What Teacher doesn't love a tube a lip balm! 


I am so excited that you came by today to see my New Beginnings projects, you will want to be sure that you click through the list of hop participants below for more inspiration! 
Have a great rest of your week!



2 comments:

  1. Do you have the dimensions or can you share where you found them for the lip balm box? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teacher is going to love these! Classic color combo!

    ReplyDelete