Thursday, September 2, 2021

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop Hope Box

Good Morning! I am so happy to blogging today! When I looked at my prior posts I realized it had been a bit since I last blogged. I am back and if you know me personally you understand why. Life gets crazy during the summer with fair and projects. Throw in an untimely death of a friend of Wesley's and it kind of had our whole family at max capacity of emotions. It is hard to create ANYTHING when you are in that head space. This week the kids returned to school and I am doing my best to return to normal! My mom was here all last week for the first time in 605 days! So things are looking good! ENOUGH ABOUT THAT!!!!! Lets get to the good stuff!
I am back with the A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop Team with the August 2021 Kit! This kit was called Hope Box. Shelli, our co-founder, wanted you to be able to decorate a Hope Box that is meaningful to you, as well as craft uplifting cards for those you care for around the world. I couldn't wait to make my alternatives because the ideas were exploding! Let me show you what I have created today!

The card above started with piece of the envelope that I cut to make a card front. The large butterfly die cut provided in the kit was the perfect accent. You will notice I have used it on the card below as a stencil before making this card! I have used the Melon Mambo Splatter piece from the kit as a band across with a banner from the kit as an accent. The tag created using the Tailor Made Tags dies was a fun accent to add with Gold 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon. It sits on a mat of Blackberry Bliss with a card base of Pool Party! For my final touch I added a few Gold Gilded Gems.


Like I stated above this card was actually made first! I found a card from Martin Stone who is on our Artisan Design Team, to give me a launching point. I have used the the large butterfly die cut with our Blending Brushes. The ink used was Melon Mambo and Blackberry Bliss. Once I achieved the desired look, I made a sparkling spritz with Wink Of Stella, Pool Party and some rubbing alcohol in one of our spritzers! I again made a tag using our Tailor Made Tags Dies and accented it with one of the banners provided in the kit. A few small butterflies and sequins was the perfect touch.

I can NOT wait for you to see what my friends have come up with today! You can click along the list below to find even MORE inspiration with your HOPE BOX kit!
Have A Great Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love using the butterfly as a stencil! Will be CASEing that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the layering on both of them. TFS

    ReplyDelete