Friday, June 25, 2021

TGIF 322 Farmhouse Chic Designer Takeover

Thank goodness it is Friday! The last time I posted was two weeks ago. It has been a really difficult two weeks. On June 13th our family got word of a horrible single car accident with 4 teenagers in the car. Two of the kids were flown out and the others were treated and walked away.  One of them was Wesley's friend. Not just any friend, Owen was a boy with a heart of gold and never did anything malicious and early on the following Monday, his mom called to tell me that he did not make it. It has been so hard to process for myself and Wesley. Things are slowly moving forward and I can't thank this community enough for the support being given to not only Owen's family but to our teenagers and those of us grieving... 
Enough about that! So I have been trying to stamp again, it really isn't a conducive to cry while stamping it can make a mess! My personal goal was to not cry this week. I had already failed on Monday... but I have had better luck as the week has gone on! When Jeanna reminded me that this week was my challenge I started to overthink things... in typical Andrea fashion of course. 


There is nothing more farmhouse than the kitchen and slowly started to piece together what was running through my mind as farmhouse. So for today's card I have used the What's Cookin' Bundle with the Pattern Party DSP and of course In Good Taste DSP. Let me you show you what I have created!


I started with the stamped  utensils in Gray Granite, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate and Jet Black Stazon. I love that these all have coordinating dies. The cutting board is cut out of Crumb Cake but I used a Blending Brush with Soft Suede to ink it up a bit. If you are a Hobby Lobby person you will know that the Black and White Buffalo Check is a thing in farmhouse trends. This strip from the Pattern Party DSP is nicely layered over a piece of Soft Succulent Cardstock. This sits over a piece of wood paper from the In Good Taste DSP. What can be more farmhouse than wood, right?! The sentiment is heat embossed in White Stampin' Emboss Powder. Once I arranged everything and adhered them I added a nice little Linen Thread bow! I just love how this all came together on my Crumb Cake card base! 

Now it is your turn! Design a card with YOUR version of Farmhouse Chic! I can't wait to see what everyone creates! Have an amazing weekend!



1 comment:

  1. You design a beautiful card in with different colors. You deliver the best cards for farmhouse.
    Click here https://www.full-service-janitorial.com/ for getting commercial cleaning Dallas TX under the professional team.

    ReplyDelete