Thursday, June 10, 2021

OSAT Boys In The Hood Blog Hop

Good Morning! It has a been awhile! First thing is first... let me explain my absence a bit. On May 16th, after spending the day going to church and doing some barn chores and making a third pen, Troy and I sat down to his phone ringing. His dad had amazing timing, although this time it was his wife and that is never good. Troy's dad had passed away in his wheel chair peacefully in his garage. If you KNOW me, you will know that he has been fighting something for sometime. If it wasn't his heart it was his skin cancer and if it wasn't that, it was his breathing and oxygen levels. My goal over the last few weeks is trying to keep my kids busy and help them through this grieving process. Throw in a few pig shows, a birthday and summer school, that has been my life!  Enough about that!
This month the One Stamp At A Time team is hopping with a masculine theme that we decided to label Boys In The Hood. Sometimes masculine is for boys and not men, which was my goal when Sara Levin and I created this theme! I chose to use the retiring Well Suited DSP and Ride The Range Bundle for todays designs! Let me show you what I have created!





Now, I wish I could take all the credit for this amazing fold but I can't! I stumbled on this great tutorial from fellow demonstrator Lyssa Zwolanek. It was great way for me to use up some retiring DSP! You can find the the dimensions for the card base here. You will need some 12 x 12 card stock. I chose to use Night of Navy and Smoky Slate. The belly band is Smoky Slate. I carefully chose each pattern so that it didn't clash or look to busy. On the Basic White Panel I stamped the barbwire from the Ride The Range bundle with Basic Gray ink and added a bit of the Well Suited and Essential Bakers Twine in a knot. The sentiments are stamped in Night of Navy. The horse shoes that accent the front are heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder on a Smoky Slate card stock, I added a bit of Basic Gray ink before die cutting them with the coordinating die. I just love the Tailor Made Tags dies and it was perfect for the birthday sentiment on the front! A quick tag was the perfect complimentary item for this fancy fold! 

I can't wait for you to see what all of my friends have made! You can click along the link list below for some more masculine inspiration!


Product List

1 comment: