Friday, April 2, 2021

TGIF 310 Sweet Ice Cream Color Challenge

Thank Goodness It is Friday! It was nice to not have to rally the troops for school this morning! They do not have school because today is "Good Friday". So we have started the morning with the normal bickering and arguing but peace and tranquility have been restored!


Earlier this week I stumbled on a Facebook Live with LeeAnn Greff where she featured different designs using up scrap pieces of card stock! I couldn't help but be inspired by this idea. For today's TGIF Design Team we are playing with Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo and Pool Party!  I have paired these scraps with the Sweet Ice Cream Bundle for this fun and cheerful card!


This card started with 1/2" strips of the three colors we are using for todays color challenge. If you are anything like me, you will have plenty of scraps! I created a pattern and made a herringbone like pattern on a piece of Basic White card stock. Once this was all done, I trim the ends with my Paper Snips. The colors were perfect from my double scoops. First I stamped the Blushing Bride scoop and added some Flirty Flamingo sprinkles. Next I stamped the second scoop in Flirty Flamingo! The cone was stamped in Crumb Cake stamped off first and then I added the cross hatch pattern! A bit of Pool Party sprinkles accented with the Holiday Rhinestones and a Flirty Flamingo sentiment and this cutie was done!

I can't wait to see what you guys create for this weeks challenge! These are such amazing colors for you to get creative with!


2 comments:

  1. Love these colors, Andrea! I'm going to give this herringbone look a try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete