Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Spot 125 Sketch Challenge

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday! We had an amazing family filled weekend. We ran down to see Troy's dad and sister over the weekend. It was good for the soul. I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time. I am thankful for this very thing. I LOVE to laugh. My stomach muscles hurt I had laughed so hard. Coming home is always nice though, we usually let the dog stay at the vets. So he is thrilled to see us when we pick him up on Monday morning!
Click Here For Challenge Details

Today, I am back with "The Spot", we are all creating with the sketch above. I was really inspired by the recent Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Showcase with the Peace and Joy Bundle that is in the new Holiday Mini Catalog. My Martin Stone in the UK knocked it out of the park with an amazing black and white take with this set. Well, that was my inspiration when created today's card. I hope you like it.


My card started with a layer of Whisper White card stock. I stamped it with the "Joy" stamp from the Peace & Joy Bundle in Pool Party ink. Once I got this done, I roughed up my edges a bit with an older pair of Paper Snips. The largest Stitched Circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper was the perfect pairing. I chose to die cut the stamped word Joy with the coordinating die and adhered with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. To You and Yours was stamped in Pacific Point, it is a color I don't reach for often enough and was an excellent contrast with the Pool Party. It is also the color of the mat on my card. Accented with some Silver heat embossed bursts, sequins from the Artistry Blooms Adhesive Back Sequins and just a touch of the Snowflake Splendor Ribbon and my card was ready for the Pool Party card base.

I can't wait to see what you design with this weeks challenge!! You have until Saturday evening to get it entered.




No comments:

Post a Comment