Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Spot Color Challenge 112


Happy Tuesday! If you are in the US, I hope you had a relatively normal but enjoyable Holiday weekend! We grilled some asparagus and pork chops for dinner yesterday. Spent some time getting the rest of the garden in over the weekend while Troy and Wesley mowed and wacked the weeds. Pigs are doing good, horses are in pasture and our version of normal seems to be panning out!
This week The Spot Creative Challenge we have a color challenge for you. You don't have use ALL 5 colors, you can pick 3 and roll with that too. I decided to be brave and use all 5. Let me show you what I have created today!





This card was so much fun to make! I used our sponges with all 5 colors on a sheet of Shimmer White Cardstock that I had cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" in this order, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, and Coastal Cabana. After I achieved the look I was going for I cut 1/2" strips and layered them onto a piece of Whisper White card stock that was 3 1/2" x 4 3/4". I adhered each strip in a staggered like pattern of sorts using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Next, I used the Rectangle Stitched Dies. After I had this piece all done, I stamped the large sunflower from the Celebrate Sunflower bundle with Versamark ink and Heat Embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss powder. To add a bit of panache, I heat embossed the same flower on the Basic Black layer. A bit of the dew drop looking gems from the Flowers For Every Season Gems were a subtle touch. To tie this card all together I decided to stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana to coordinate with the mat. A Melon Mambo card base was the ONLY choice in my mind and was perfect for this card!

Now it is your turn! Make a card using 3 of the colors... or 5! I can't wait to see what you create! These colors scream summer!! Have a great Tuesday!


8 comments:

  1. Love this and love your new branding too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I have had this branding since last year! Silly Girl!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea! So going to case you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I miss seeing you and the hugs from you and Patty!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! May have to CASE this one.... :)

    ReplyDelete