Sunday, September 2, 2018

Creation Station Power of the Punch Blog Hop

Well it is September! Can you believe it?! It seems like once the kids are back in to the school grind time just goes by faster! I wish it would slow down... I miss them being babies!!! Have you had a Pumpkin Spice Latte yet? I am just not a Pumpkin Spice anything girl... I will stick to my high octane Americano's or Hazelnut Lattes!

I am back with the Creation Station Blog Hop this month with a great "Power of the Punch" theme! This was an amazing opportunity for me to showcase some of the new Holiday Catalog stuff! I can't wait to show you the Making Christmas Bright Bundle. I actually used it recently for a Holiday Catalog Swap I am in. Which is what gave me the idea for my projects today. Lets take a look!




Adorable right? This great projects came together so easily, but first let me show the swap card that was my inspiration!




This is my original card! I made about 34 of these to show case the new catalog! The Making Christmas Bright Bundle is a great bundle! The card started with a base of Shaded Spruce. I have embossed the Real Red Card Stock with the Polka Dot Basics folder. My squiggly star circle also from the Making Christmas Bright was stamped using Shaded Spruce ink and then die cut using the Stitched Shape Framelits. I accented this card with the Silver Metallic edge ribbon. A nice little Daffodil Delight Light Bulb with Smoky Slate stamped base. This cutie was created using the Christmas Bulb Builder Bunch that comes in the bundle. 

The card below is ALMOST the same card... Let me show you how I have stepped this up a bit!


So for all intents and purposes this is the same card as above but I have stepped it up by adding a Daffodil Delight Matte, Banner edge to the DSP, A few sequins, Wink of Stella on the star and of course some Silver Metallic Thread and Basic Adhesive back sequins! Totally makes the card more cheerful!



I know you all have been waiting for the tutorial for this cute little chapstick holder for like two weeks! If you need to see it made you can find the video on my business page on Facebook! So here it goes!

  • Tag Base (Cardstock) 2" x 3 1/2"
  • DSP for Tag Base (optional) 1 7/8" x 3 3/8"
  • Round Corners on all corners if desired using the Detailed Trio Punch
  • Punch Tag type slot from the Detailed Trio Punch centered at the top.
  • For Box that holds Chapstick 2 3/4" X 3
  • Score 2 3/4" side at 5/8", 1 1/4", 1 7/8", 2 1/2" Make sure you smooth all the scored pieces. 
  • Score the 3" side at 5/8" 
  • Adhere box together using Liquid Multipurpose. 
  • Cut 3 strips of DSP 1/2 x 2 1/4" and adhere with Liquid Multipurpose.
  • Attach box to base with Liquid Multipurpose Glue and BOOM your done!
Let me know if you have questions! As I said if you can find my business page by clicking the Facebook icon on the right, you should be able to find the video tutorial too! Hope you have a marvelous long weekend! I can't wait for you to see Julies goodies! I am sure you are going to love them!  You can get to her by clicking the next button below! I can't wait for you see what else is on the hop! Happy Sunday!







5 comments:

  1. Love your bright holiday projects. I'm going to have to make a few of those chapstick holders1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love these projects Andrea! Love the bright colors and your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andrea, I love everything there is about these. Bright and quite simply 'Punchy'. Fab projects, Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Christmas creations, Andrea. The chapstick holder is my fav. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute projects Andrea! And it's great to see how easy it is to create a stepped up version.

    ReplyDelete