Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Pining for Plaid Blog Hop

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop is back with this months Paper Pumpkin Kit, Pining for Plaid! When Stampin' Up! announced that this kit would coordinate with November's, I couldn't have been more excited. I was even more excited when I opened up my box! I mean, this is me here and we all know that I want to make a shaker out of ANYTHING and I wasn't fast enough to buy an extra kit or two on Monday!


So excited to be showing you this alternative idea for this months kit... I honestly used it the way it was intended although, I added some extra umph to it!


I honestly love this kit! So my alternative for this month is just some tweaking and extra embellishments. Instead of using the shaker background provided I used the Black and White snowflake patter from the Merry Little Christmas DSP pack. The Old Olive Pine sprigs were made using the Pretty Pines Thinlits as well as the Gold Foil and Basic Black Pine cone that I attached to the card using a Stampin' Dimensional. I cut about a 3/4" strip off of another card base from the kit to create the border on the left with the Basic Black 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon adorned with a cute little bow. I adhered this onto a Basic Black cardstock matte with the dimensional like strips in the kit and then adhered it to the card base. The sentiment was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink which is what was provided in the kit and was just the right festive touch!

Thank You all so much for stopping by today! Next on the hop is Sara Levin and you can get to her by clicking the "Next" Button below!
Sara Levin

If along the way you get lost, here is a full list of all of our hoppers!




8 comments:

  1. I have those pine thinlits too - that's a great addition to these cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Andrea. Great layers and added touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shaker design is rich and elegant...LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, I love this hop...it's the one I look forward to each month! If you ever need another hopper I would be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Love the edge of paper with the black ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card! Like the pine cone and branches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card absolutely glistens! I love all the special details, especially the black & white snowflake paper on the inside :-D

    ReplyDelete