Monday, July 20, 2020

The Spot 120-Christmas In July

Hey, Hey! I missed you guys! Last week was crazy. Weighing pigs, 4H Record Books and me making 10 giant paper flowers for prom decorations... Time really got away from me and it seems like lately I am chasing my own tail. Good news is that fair is a week and half away!!! So this too shall pass. 
I am back with The Spot Design Team with a Christmas in July challenge for you all! Do you ever get an order of new goodies and you ordered each stamp set because you had an idea. Then the order comes and you are in this overstimulated crafting fog. That has been me for a couple weeks now. It doesn't help that my craft room likes like a bomb went off in it. It is bad! Between retired stuff and unfinished projects, it is a craftastrophe!  Enough about me, let me show you what I have created!


I started this card with this cute little Polar Bear guy from the new Warm & Toasty stamp set! He is oh so adorable stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with my Purple Posy and Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. I fussy cut him with my Paper Snips. Mad skills, right?! I then made my frame using the Stitched Rectangles and Layering Squares dies out of Seaside Spray cardstock. I used a piece of our Window Sheets to make the shaker window and adhered it with Tear & Tape. Next, I added some of our foam adhesive strips around the window before adding the Snowflake Sequins to my shaker. The Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper that makes a return from last years Holiday Catalog was the perfect background for this winter like scene. This is beautifully matted onto a layer of Highland Heather cardstock to coordinate with the sentiment that is also stamped in Highland Heather and accented with the little snow flake like stamp in Seaside Spray and Smoky Slate. I added a few of our Metallic Pearls just to jazz it up a bit before adhering it to my Smoky Slate card base.

I am so glad that you stopped by today! I can't wait to see what you create with this weeks challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment