Thursday, February 27, 2020

APPT Lovely Day February 2020 Blog Hop

Man, the last few weeks have been doozies! Between sick kids, large card class, sick husband and me just trying to keep up with all of this. Everyone returned to school yesterday so MAYBE I can get back to a routine.
A Paper Pumpkin Thing is back! We are hopping with the kit from February 2020, Lovely Day. This is an amazing kit, with flower die cuts, copper edged banners and dimensional words! The best thing about it is that is that it coordinates with Sale A Bration stamp set Happy Birthday to You. Did you also know that this stamp set has dies too????? They are called Birthday Dies! 


When I started creating my alternatives for this kit, I had full intentions of sending them in for Paper Pumpkins live. I am in the process of rearranging my craft room and Taryn was helping me on their day off this past Friday. Well, she spilled water on my samples... I thought she ruined them! She did ruin one... But I was able to salvage one. I just can't get enough of the flower stamp in this kit! So let me show you my two creations!





 It makes me giggle when I realize how I get stuck on certain colors that if you asked me about using I may gag. Just kidding, I won't gag! I have always been a lover of a nice buttery type yellow. When I was younger I worked in a paint and wallcovering store and often helped customers with colors. So Saffron is much like the yellows I would have recommended. It is funny how unused it has been in the past in my stamp room. This card started with the So Saffron layer. I stamped the large flower in So Saffron ink on opposite corners and set this aside. The scalloped rectangles are from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I cut two, one in Whisper White and one in Flirty Flamingo. The Flirty Flamingo one is also stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink with the small flower from the Paper Pumpkin kit. I have layered these onto the So Saffron layer and set aside while I colored the cake stamp from the Happy Birthday To You with my Stampin' Blends in coordinating colors. This is all layered onto a Mint Macaron mat and Flirty Flamingo card base. I have added the copper foil dimensional word embellishment from the kit with a few sequins to finish it off!


This second card started with the large flower stamp on Fluid 100 paper. I whipped out my Aqua Painters and Watercolor Pencils to color this beauty before using my Paper Snips to fussy cut it out. This is layered onto a piece of Pressed Petals DSP that I adhered over a Pearlized Doily onto my card front layer that I created with a card base from the kit. The sentiment is stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink on a strip of Whisper White that is layered over a piece of Copper Foil. A quick Copper Foil Sprig from the Birthday Dies was a perfect touch before adhering it onto my Pear Pizzazz card base!

I hope you found some inspiration today! I can't wait for you to see what the rest of our team has created! You can click along the list below for inspiration! Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment