Thursday, October 31, 2019

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Winter Woods Kit

Whew!!! Its the last Thursday of the month and we ALL know what that means right? It is Halloween! Well not only isn't Halloween, it is time for the A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop! We are hopping with the October Kit, Winter Woods.

It has been a really cold few days here in on the Easter Plains. The kids had a snow day yesterday after we got about 6-8 inches overnight Tuesday-Wednesday. This morning we woke up to single digit temps and negative wind chills. Life has been a bit crazy and the next two weeks will be spent getting things ready for OnStage in Vegas and a craft fair the weekend.
When I opened this months kit, it was NOT my favorite. While I know there is market out there for cards like this kit, it just didn't say "I know what I am going to make!!" . Which is crazy, because if you saw the live on the Facebook Paper Pumpkin page, I made those two cards in less than 2 hours! I always work better under pressure... Let me show you the two alternatives for today!


This card started with a sponged background of Night of Navy and Pool Party ink. I heat embossed the large snowflakes from the kit with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. A nice strip of the Wrapped In Plaid Designer Series Paper was a great accent for this winter holiday card. The In The Woods Dies are great to coordinate with this kit. I chose to die cut a Shaded Spruce cardstock tree and heat emboss the falling snow. This layered onto a wood Stitched Nested Label from the Coming to Gather DSP and accented with Gold Metallic Pearls. This card has a rich mat of Shaded Spruce and a card base of Pool Party.

This card features something from the Paper Pumpkin live event. I decided that with this card that I wanted to show the Birch Background stamped trees on the Shimmer White die cuts. They are stamped with Early Espresso ink and then I used the Aqua Painter to move the ink around so it looked like real wood. I chose to fussy cut one set of tree trunks off.  I stamped the pine tree from the Winter Woods stamp set with Shaded Spruce ink and distressed the edges a bit with Early Espresso. This card also features a sponged background with Night of Navy and Pool Party inks and a heat embossed snow element at the top. A quick rectangle sentiment with a few loops of thread and this card was done!

Thank you so much for stopping in today! I can't wait for you to see what everyone else is making today! Make sure you click through the list below to tour the whole hop!





No comments:

Post a Comment