Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Stamp Ink Paper 10 Inspiration Challenge


Hey there and happy Tuesday to you all! I am glad to see that we all survived Monday... Tornado Watches and all! So this thing with the pool closing over a week ago SUCKS! The kids dang near had me commit myself yesterday.... There was fighting, whining and more fighting!! I finally noticed that our schools are starting a week later than last year! Should I send them the bill to color my hair??

We have a new design team member!!! I am so excited that Ginger Pelfrey has joined us! Fellow design team member Lisa Altman picked our Inspiration Challenge this week! I loved it and knew that I could go in SO many ways with it! I have been on a flowers with wood kick lately. I can't wait for you to see what I have put together for you! But first let me show you the inspiration....
Click here for challenge details


I really love the way that this card turned out!! I started it with a lovely base of Tip Top Taupe card stock with a matted layer of Cherry Cobbler. The "wood" DSP is from the Farmers Market DSP collection. I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to make it look a little weathered. I stamped the Definitely Dahlia with Versamark ink, used Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss powder and then used our Heat Tool to heat emboss it! I also used "Choose Happiness" from its set. I used the Stampin' Write markers in Pear Pizzazz and Cherry Cobbler. I punched this out using the bracket label punch. I also used the Vintage Photo Distress ink to rub the edges and then finished it with some "metallic" candy dots (I colored Candy Dots with a Gold Sharpie). The Burlap Trim is actually our Burlap Ribbon. I cut the edges off so that it would fray. I attached it to the card using Scor-Tape. Next I used a Retired/Vintage Crochet Trim over the top and tied a simple square knot. To finish this card off I attached the sentiment using Stampin' Dimensionals and broke out the new enamel dots that you will get to see in the Holiday Catalog on September 1st! 

Thank You all so much for stopping by!
I can't wait to see what this picture inspires you to make!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is gorgeous. The wood DSP is a great background for that Dahlia. And the dots, lace and burlap work so great together. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete