Friday, May 13, 2022

TGIF 368 Fresh Cut Flowers Sketch Challenge

Who can believe it is Friday!? Lets not talk about what the actual date is... I mean if your into superstitions, that is on you! It has been a week of cooties, sports physicals, pigs, and end of the school year shenanigans. Funny because as I type this, the song "Mi Vida Loca" comes on... Welcome to my crazy life! This weekend will be filled with Baseball, Laundry and Yard Work!!! The wind has been obnoxious!! We have a fresh harvest of tumbleweeds now surrounding our house. I have made time to be creative though!


Today I chose to not be a slacker or maybe I chose to not let life get in the way... However you want to look at it! The TGIF Challenge for this week is a fun sketch where I chose to pair the Fresh Cut Flowers with the Tailor Made Tags Dies to create this interpretation of this sketch! 


When I started this card, I knew I wanted to use this NEW stamp set. I chose to use my Stamparatus with Memento Tuxedo Black ink because the die cut tag from the Tailor Made Tags was initially a strip much like the one in the sketch. After wanting to add a bit of "something" (you crafters will get it) I chose to die cut the strip into the tag! My love for our Subtle color family returns with my Stampin' Blends in Petal Pink, Soft Seafoam, Pale Papaya and Soft Succulent to color my spotlighted piece. I have used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to create the splatters along with my Clear Wink of Stella. I have accented this with our Elegant Faceted Gems. The sentiment is from the returning stamp set Wildlife Wonder and is heat embossed in gold. This is nicely layered onto a piece of Soft Seafoam cardstock and accented with a piece of the Brushed Gold Cardstock. To keep with the soft feeling of this card I chose to Thick Basic White as our base!

I am so excited to be back in the swing of things! I can't wait to see what you create with this weeks challenge! You can get all the details by clicking the sketch image above!

Happy Friday!



7 comments: