Thursday, March 10, 2022

OSAT Hand Penned Blooms Blog Hop

Happy Thursday!!!! We have about 6" of snow outside and the kids have a snow day today and no school tomorrow so our spring break has officially started! There will be lots of hot chocolate and sledding today... I am so excited because we really haven't had enough snow to even sled on... After this melts I will be ready for spring and the warmth! Especially when we have pigs coming next week! 
This month the One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop Team is hopping with the theme of "Blooms". With Troy still recovering from surgery and having physical therapy appointments, it has been a struggle to get into the craft room! Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to do a virtual presentation at a virtual retreat hosted by my good friend Amy Combs. When I started creating for her presentation I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and remembered my card from last months blog hop... except most of the products are now retired. So I had to find a way to make it with products available now and I chose to use the Hand Penned Suite. The card is a bit a different, but will look a little familiar! Lets take a look!


Pick Your Favorite DSP 7/8”x 3” 10-12 strips. You’ll want 3 or 4 patterns!
Layer 1-7 3/4”x 3 1/4”
Basic White Layer (you can use another color if you prefer) 7 1/2” x 3”
Card Base 7”x 8” scored on the short side at 3-1/2”


My card here features a Blushing Bride card base with a Pool Party mat. The Basic White layer acts as a base for my strips of Hand Penned DSP. I have about 3/4" strip of Blushing Bride that I have using the cute little stitched scallop border die from the Hand Penned Bundle on. The Basic White die cut is also from the Hand Penned bundle and is layered onto the strip with a small bit of Stampin' Seal. Once I had this complete I decided to stamp the large flower from the bundle onto a scrap of Pool Party and die cut with one the smallest Tailor Made Tags dies. I used the same die on my Blushing Bride stamped sentiment on Basic White. After carefully layering them over each other, I tied a nice Basic White Bakers Twine bow and accented it with a few Elegant Faceted Gems!

I can't wait for you to see the many other blooms on the hop today! You can click through the list below to get your floral inspirations!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is wonderful. I have plenty of scraps of this very paper that need using up and this is a wonderful example of using them up. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete