Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Spot 144 Flowering Cactus

Happy Tuesday!!!! The kids go back to school today and I am so excited that today that they will ALL be on the same campus (for the most part). It always surprised me 8 years ago that the school here in our town of 2500 was not a Pre K-12 campus, however it had Pre K-4 and then 9-12 on the opposite wing. Now all of the kids will be on one campus! Even with our current COVID climate I think that it should go off without a hitch.  So I will be cleaning, purging and assembling swaps today without having to referee fights and arguments between Wesley and Taryn!
This week The Spot Creative Challenge team has an easy or for some of you maybe not so easy challenge. Make something you love!! No rules, your choice! I chose to ink up one of my new favorites from the Spring Catalog which is LIVE today, Flowering Cactus Medley!


The Flowering Cactus Medley has beautiful colors of Calypso Coral, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzazz. It comes with the Flowering Cactus Stamp Set and coordinating dies, Designer Series Paper, Linen Thread, Calypso Coral Linen Thread and felt flowers in Calypso Coral and Highland Heather. I obviously chose to take a bit of a softer approach with Petal Pink. It is crazy how ONE color can change the look of the WHOLE suite. I stamped the large cactus in Mint Macaron and the smaller one in Pear Pizzazz. I also die cut one in Pear Pizzazz then used our new Blending Brushes to ink them up with our Mossy Meadow ink. These are layered over a piece of Petal Pink that has the cool cactus like pattern die cut(ish) onto it with the Linen Thread from the kit. The flowers on the cactus are stamped in Petal and die cut with the coordinating die. Yup, that is right! You get to cut two with one pass of your die cutting machine! A strip on the top left of the coordinating DSP was the perfect with my Gray Granite stamped sentiment!

I can't wait to see what you create without the rules! Have an amazing Tuesday!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment