Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The Spot 128 Forever Fall

Happy Tuesday! I must say that I have really struggled the last week. It is SO weird to not have my kids at home! In my mind I thought I was going to be having my own personal "I am Home Alone" party, but I have really struggled. I liked having my kids home. Minus the bickering of course, but they are all back at school with their friends. Stumbling through the new normal of masks in the hall way, masks on the bus... I am grateful that they still get to be kids!

This week with The Spot Design Team we are creating with a fall feeling color challenge! It is just weeks away for those of us above the equator and it is my favorite time of year to cook. I wasn't sure what to whip up for this challenge so I decided to use the Forever Fern Bundle and a bit of the Brushed Metallic Card Stock. Lets take a look!




Sometimes when creating with a color challenge I stumble at bit. I mean, I know that these colors SCREAM fall but I didn't want to make a stereotypical fall card! After sponging a background with all three colors, I still wasn't sold on what to do. I created my own DSP with the Forever Fern stamp set using the Merry Merlot, Crumb Cake and Bumblebee. Once that piece was done I embossed the dark bronze colored Brushed Metallic Card Stock with our Tin Tile Embossing Folder. A few die cut elements with the coordinating dies were just the right touch with my little Linen Thread bow. The sentiment on my square from the Stitched Shapes dies, is stamped with Bumblebee ink and coordinates nicely with the Bumblebee card base. The Merry Merlot mat makes my card front pop a bit with the Elegant Faceted Dots.

I can't wait to see what you create with this warm and rich color challenge! Hope you have an amazing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment