Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Joy of Sets Blog Hop - Floral - May 2020

Happy Saturday! I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. The sun is shining and I am going to spend my weekend cleaning out the craft room! The kids only have a few more days of distance learning and we are done!!! By the time they go back to school they will have been out of in school learning for 6 months! It has not been the easiest scenario. 
I am so excited to be hopping along with the Joy of Sets team today, it is something new for me and I appreciate Angie McKenzie for letting me hop along. This month we are hopping with our favorite florals! I chose to use a stamp set that has been released from Stampin' Up! called Ornate Style. I have paired it with the So Sentimental Bundle and Peaceful Poppies DSP to make this amazing card today. Let me show you what I have created.


My card started with a piece of Whisper White. I have stamped the large flower stamp from the Ornate Style and stamped it on the corners with Memento Tuxedo Black. I have colored the flowers with Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Old Olive, Rococo Rose, Mint Macaron and Calypso Coral. After finishing my coloring I die cut the rectangle with the Rectangle Stitched Dies. This is layered at an angle over an Old Olive stripe piece of Peaceful Poppies DSP. A bit of the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon wrapped was the perfect touch with a nice double bow. Calypso Coral was exactly what I needed for a mat for this card. My sentiment from the So Sentimental Bundle is stamped with Old Olive ink and die cut with the coordinating die. To finish this card up, I have used a Mint Macaron card base and added a few of the Gilded Gems.

I can't wait for you to see what my other crafty friends have made for you today! Next on the hop is the amazing Angie McKenzie, you get to her blog by clicking the next below! Have an amazing weekend!

 Angie McKenzie
Angie McKenzie
May 2020 Blog Roll

8 comments:

  1. Love the project and all those bright colors. Thanks for sharing and hopping with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. It's so fresh and feels like spring. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great use of blends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have stamped the flowers - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love your vibrant color palette. Thanks so much for hopping with us this month, Andrea! xx

    ReplyDelete