Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Stamp, Ink, Paper #8 Card Makers Choice

Hey there and great Tuesday to you all! If you are reading this, you obviously lived through another Monday! Here at the Tucker house our summer break is almost over. No, I am not counting down or anything but in 22 days all three kids will be back in school! Registration kind of put me in the mood! Even the kids are kind over going to the pool (Which closes this weekend)... We have a couple weekend getaways coming up so they will still have some fun things to look forward to!

What better is a challenge that has NO RULES!! So this weeks Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge is a Card Makers Choice! That is right, You can use what ever you want and I can't wait to see what you all come up with! I really was inspired by Justin's colors yesterday! We all know that if I could use Blushing Bride on every card I would!! Here is my "Card Makers Choice" card!! 


This card kind of happened on accident. I started with the idea of a flower on the doily with a white washed woodgrain chevron in the background... But I messed up the paper!!! Anywho... There is ALWAYS a plan B and I am tickled with the way it turned out!

The cards base is a standard A2 Base in Blushing Bride with a quick matted layer of Mint Macaron. I then grabbed from the vintage stash of Stampin' Up!  the Positively Chevron background stamp and stamped in Sahara Sand on Whisper White Card Stock. I then used half of a doily at about the half way mark. The Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim seemed to finish this embellishment off. I am so sad that they retired Regarding Dahlia... However, it won't go unused! I stamped it in Blushing Bride ink, next used Versamark so that I could use our Heat N Stick. Once that process was finished I sprinkled our Dazzling Diamonds on it! Now for the sentiment! I wanted it to have the shabby chic look to it... So I grabbed from out current set Tag Talk the "For You" sentiment. I stamped it with our Mint Macaron ink onto the Whisper White Card Stock then used the coordinating Label Bracket Punch to create the finished look! You really can't see the sparkle this card has... It is one of my favorites!

Now that you got to see what I made with no rules, Go get crafty!!! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!! Happy Stamping!


3 comments: