Sunday, May 10, 2015

Can You Case It #69 Sketch Challenge


Happy Mother's Day (for real this time)!!! I was lucky enough to share whatever bug is going around the kids school this week. The kids even shared with Mr. Tucker. Needless to say even while typing up this post we are still suffering the side effects. I even ended up cancelling the craft fair!

I was super excited to get my Sneak Peak order in on May 5th. I had a clear concise plan! I am so excited about our new In Colors!! When I realized I would have my shipment before my design team deadline my crafty brain went into high gear! This weeks Can You Case It sketch challenge really has endless possibilities!!


I can't tell you how fast this little gem came together because you won't believe me! The base of the card is in SU! NEW In-Color Collection 2015-2017 color Watermelon Wonder. The second layer is also from the NEW In-Colors it is called Cucumber Crush. Now my third layers is from a new 6 x 6 DSP Stack called Cherry On Top. I also made the little banner on the left with paper from this stack using the NEW Triple Banner Punch. The Love You sentiment is also NEW it is from a set called Friendly Wishes stamped in another NEW In Color called Tip Top Taupe on Whisper White Card Stock... I am totally going to abuse this color!! Now for the flower! You are going to love our new Cotton Paper! I simply punched 6-8, 1 3/4" Scallop Circles, stacked them and fastened them together with a simple brad. I then scrunched the Watermelon Wonder Cotton paper to make a lush little flower. How can a girl be on Justin Krieger's design team and not use some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins...

Seriously 20 minutes flat, and this card was done! 
All items used will be available in the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog on June 2nd, 2015

Stampin' Up! Items Used
  • **Watermelon Wonder 8.5 x 11 Card Stock  Item #138334 
  • **Cucumber Crush 8.5 x 11 Card Stock Item #138335
  • **Cherry On Top DSP Paper Stack 6 x 6 Item #138442
  • **Tip Top Taupe Classic Ink Pad Item #138325
  • **Cotton Paper Assortment Item #138308
  • **Triple Banner Punch Item #138292
**All the Above Items are not available for purchase until June 2nd!!!
  • 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Item #119854 Available now!


5 comments:

  1. Can I tell you that right now I'm kicking myself for not ordering that Cotton Paper?? You totally rocked this one Andrea! Your card is absolutely Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day to my crafty Mom! You totally need this paper! I can't wait to try it with other goodies!

      Delete
  2. Andrea, sick or not sick, you've rocked this sketch! thanks for being a part of Can You Case It? :) Eva

    ReplyDelete