Friday, January 23, 2015

Rootin' Tootin' Birthday!!

Happy Friday to you all!! I am feeling pretty accomplished having blogged 3 days in a row!! 
Today's card was made with the idea that A. I wanted to do a masculine birthday card and B. I wanted to use the Hardwood background stamp... If you know me personally I am a boots, jeans and horses kind of girl! After some tweaking and much over thinking I finally came up with "Rootin' Tootin' Birthday"...  So here is the juicy details...


I got this rodeo started with a base of Cherry Cobbler card-stock folded landscape style in a standard A2 size. The next matted layer is the Crumb Cake card-stock stamped with Hardwood in Baked Brown Sugar ink. I then finger sponged the edges with Baked Brown Sugar as well to give it a more rustic/distressed look. I then wrapped the Natural Chevron 5/8" ribbon and attached it to the Hardwood layer using Liquid Multipurpose glue. The "Rootin' Tootin Birthday" is from the photopolymer set Yee-Haw as well as the horseshoes! I stamped Rootin' Tootin' and the horseshoes in Baked Brown Sugar on the Very Vanilla card-stock. I then used Versamark and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat embossed the "Birthday" part of the sentiment. This layer was matted with the Cherry Cobbler card-stock that was used for the base. I finished off the Very Vanilla by finger sponging the edges with Baked Brown Sugar. Last but certainly not least the boot! This cute little cowboy boot is out of our set Bootiful Occasions. I again used Versamark and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder, stamped onto the Crumb Cake cardstock, heat embossed and then fussy cut the cowboy boot and gave it little pop using Stampin' Dimensionals...Whew!!! Just describing all of this makes me want a sarsaparilla!!
I hope you enjoyed my "Rootin' Tootin' Birthday" card. Have a fabulous family filled weekend! I know I will be! Catch y'all on Monday!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment