Thursday, January 14, 2021

OSAT January 2021 Say Hello To Blog Hop

Happy Thursday! I can't believe that the second Thursday of this month is falling so late. Hope you are all well and healthy. We are having some CRAZY winds. I honestly thought that my house was going to blow away last night. It is suppose to stay windy throughout today and I think tomorrow... perfect days to wear a beanie! Wesley has an appointment today for his ADHD medications, he has been struggling with the fact that he feels a bit tired while at school so with him now being a teenager I am sure we are a point where he may need to be on less. Joshua's allergies are in full tilt according to the doctor on Tuesday, he keeps having this cough and when your mom gut instinct kicks in and says its allergies, it was time for a doctor visit as we need to be able to have a note at school stating as such with the current climate. The good news, and I probably shouldn't put this out in the universe, only 1 kid has been quarantined since the start of school. We are so blessed!  ENOUGH about this lets get to the good stuff!
Welcome to the first One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop of the year! This months hop is dedicated to the new goodies in the January-June 2021 Stampin'  Up! Mini Catalog! I have to be honest, I wasn't sure I was in love with ANY of it but I am thinking that I was trying to use reverse psychology and I can't wait for you all to get your hands on these amazing products! Today I am creating with a fun suite called the Ice Cream Corner Suite, this fun and cheerful suite has a stamp set and punch bundle, DSP, Ribbon and even some sprinkles to go on top! I haven't used the WHOLE suite today, but let me show you what I have created!


I must confess that it seems that in this day of age we are constantly in the state of flying by the seat of our pants! When I created this card it was for another project and well teenage boys happened! I started by using the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks and our NEW Blending Brushes. I used the coordinating colors from the Ice Cream Corner DSP to create my polka dot pattern, starting with Bumblebee, and then used the following colors Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss and Terracotta Tile. I just love the Blending Brushes and the way this turned out! Next I stamped the popsicles from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set. First in the lighter of colors which was Petal Pink and Pool Party (I didn't put them on my list below!) and the bottom portion in Terracotta Tile and Bermuda Bay with a cute little Cinnamon Cider popsicle stick! The popsicles are really easy to fussy cut. I have a large stitched circle that I have splattered a bit with Old Olive, Bumblebee and Bermuda Bay before stamping the sentiment in Terracotta Tile. After arranging the popsicles with Stampin' Dimensionals on the circle, I added a bit of Pool Party Sheer and Blackberry Bliss Striped Ribbon. A few Artistry Blooms sequins was a perfect touch. 


The coordinating gift bag you see above was created with a bit of Bermuda Bay card stock and the Ice Cream Corner DSP. You can usually stumble on these cute little bags in the gift wrap section of any store. I decided to also embellish with the same ribbon that I had used on the card. I again used to the Stitched Shapes Dies, using the largest Oval instead. It is stamped with Bermuda Bay ink with a sentiment that is also from the Sweet Ice Cream set.  I couldn't help but add a few of the Artistry Blooms Sequins as well! 

I am so glad that you stopped by today, I can't wait for you to see what all of my friends have made! You can click along the link list below to see all the awesomness!
I am going to try not to blow away. Have a fabulous day!



------> Product List

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE both of your projects! I have this set arriving on Monday and can't wait to start playing with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun projects! I'm ready for summer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects! That card is stunning.... rainbow anything makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete