Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The Spot 134 Christmas Means More Sketch

Good Tuesday morning from Antarctica!! Just kidding I still live in Colorado, but when you wake up and it is 0 Degrees outside with 7 inches of snow... you wonder for a bit. The good thing about living in Colorado is if you don't like the weather, wait a day, it will change. So, today is going to be a balmy 38 Degrees, so we should have some melting and the temps go back to "normal" fall temps! Just in time for Joshua's winter coat to be here! Isn't that the way things work?
I spent the weekend working on Make & Takes from my friend and demonstrator Amy Combs' retreat! The projects were amazing and I can't to share a few of them with you in the coming weeks. It was good for my soul to be virtually surrounded with stamping friends and it also got my creativity going again. We all know that is been a bit absent lately!! So, when I peeked at this weeks sketch for The Spot, it only took me an hour (not counting the time spent refereeing kids) to get this done!


When I started to mentally create this card, I knew I wanted to use the Designer Series Paper from the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley. I don't actually have the whole medley but had purchased the refill kit for the retreat and LOOOOOVEEEE the papers! I picked a bit of an assortment of the DSP and adhered them to a 4" x 5.25" piece of Smokey Slate card stock. Once I had this done I set it aside with my Old Olive Card Base. The card offers a bit of pizzazz on its own because the Gold Foil accents in the paper. I reached into my scrap bin for a piece of Real Red. I love the Christmas Means More stamp set!! I love the mix of fonts and fun sayings from our favorite holiday movies.  I knew that I wanted to heat emboss the sentiment on the Real Red but couldn't decide between Stampin' Emboss White or Gold. The white popped a bit and that is what I wanted. Then the Hippo & Friends Dies have some great label like shapes that are stitched, so I used the largest one. The holly is accented with Metallic Pearls and a bow of All The Trimmings Ribbon was a perfect touch for this Christmas Cutie! 

I am so happy that you came by today! I can't wait to see what you create with this weeks challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment