Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The Spot 116 Color Challenge Prize Peony

Good Morning!! Happy Tuesday! It is a beautiful morning on the plains of Colorado. I hope that you are having the same kind of morning! We spent the weekend about 30 minutes north at a swine show put on by the Colorado Junior Swine Association. Taryn got her feet wet in showmanship and showed Daisy pig for the second time. It was a great weekend and the kids even managed to have some time to play at a park and pond close by. I am up to my ears in finishing swaps and trying to figure out class scenarios as I am able to hold classes again. So be sure to check back for more information.
Today I am creating with The Spot Design Team and we are creating with a great color challenge. You can pick 3 or use more... It is entirely up to you. If I remember correctly when we created this color combo we had the idea of a Shabby Chic challenge... Which we all know is TOTALLY MY JAM but my creative mind didn't lend towards that idea and I really wanted to play with the Prized Peony Bundle. Let me show you what I have created.


My card started with the large peony stamp from the Prized Peony bundle. I have used my Rich Razzleberry and Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers to ink it up. This stamp set has an amazing coordinating dies and I used the die to cut the flower above. Once this was done I ran a piece of Crumb Cake card stock through the Old World Paper embossing folder. I found that I get a great embossed texture when I mist my card stock with a bit of water. Something you can't see very well is the added heat embossed Gold Splatters that are accented with Gold Metallic Pearls. The Peony is layered over the Square Velum Doily and a bit of Linen Thread and Gold Bakers Twine from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack. The sentiment which is also heat embossed in gold on Whisper White card stock was punched using the Label Me Fancy Punch. Once I had this all complete, I added it to a layer of Rich Razzleberry and put it on the Mint Macaron card base!

Now it is your turn! I can't wait to see what you create with this weeks challenge, you have until Saturday!!








No comments:

Post a Comment