Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Spot 114 When In Doubt Sketch

Happy Tuesday, or maybe not so happy... The wind has been crazy around here and I woke up just after Midnight to branches hitting the north side of the house. The good news is, the kids haven't woken up and I am still the only one awake. Although my post may not make a ton of sense...
Today I am creating with The Spot Design Team. We are creating with the sketch you see above, at first sight it definitely wasn't an easy sketch for me to conceptualize my card. I may have said a few bad words and inked up A LOT of stamps before coming up with today's creation. I have inked up the Hippo Happiness and paired with the Playing with Patterns Designer Series Paper for todays card. Let me show you what I have created!


My card started with my Unicorn from the Hippo Happiness Bundle. I found that the Stamparatus makes stamping the layers on the Unicorn really easy. She started with on a piece of Whisper White that I first stamped with Petal Pink and then added the Calypso Coral. The cute little face is stamped in Night of Navy ink and she is accented with a Crushed Curry horn. This is nicely layered onto a coordinating die from the bundle in Purple Posy and stamped with Highland Heather ink. The sentiment is heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. Playing with Patterns is a great new pack of 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper and it was just the right touch for my whimsical like card. The paper is matted up with Petal Pink card stock and a base of Calypso Coral. I have used a bit of Polka Dot Tulle and some Elegant Faceted dots to accent this fun card.

Now it is YOUR turn to create with this challenge! I can't wait to see what you make! Now I am going to take a nap!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment