Friday, June 14, 2019

TGIF 216 To A Wild Rose Sketch Challenge

TGIF!!! I am a bit late to the party... But Summer Break is kicking my rear! The kids and I FINALLY went to the pool on Thursday... It was refreshing, they really don't need me there but with everything with Josh, it is just better that I be there for now. 

This week with TGIF Challenges Mercedes has whipped up a really great sketch and we ALL know that a sketch is really left up to interpretation! 


I have inked up the "To A Wild Rose" stamp set on numerous occasions... But have yet to complete a card with it. I decided to flip the sketch and make a Landscape style card with it. Let me show you what I have made today!

This shabby chic card started with the flower. I made this beautiful flower using two of the stamps from the To A Wild Rose stamp set. I first inked up the solid like image with Flirty Flamingo ink and stamped it off to get a lighter color. Next I used the stamp set with more texture, again I inked up with Flirty Flamingo but I did not stamp off this time. There is a stamp in the set that has the outline but I chose to not use it. I did stamp the center with Crumb Cake. I was so excited when this set had coordinating dies to die cut the flower! The leaves are also from this bundle. Again I decided to stamp off my Old Olive ink first then stamped the line type stamp at full strength. The die actually cuts the leaves as a cluster, I chose to fussy cut one off and use it in another spot. A nice wood banner from the Pressed Petals DSP was just the right touch over my Crumb Cake background from the Gallery Grunge stamp set. A touch of the Scallop Lace Trim and a Copper Heat Embossed sentiment was just the right touch!

Thank You so much for stopping by today! I can't wait to see what you create with this amazing sketch!




Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin' Pad
Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin' Pad
[141397]
$6.50


No comments:

Post a Comment