Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Stamp Ink Paper 132 It’s A Cakewalk Challenge

Happy Tuesday! Looks like we all survived the first week of the New Year! Hopefully you have all stayed warm! The kids returned to school this morning, I was just a bit excited. I love them, I really do... but this Christmas break seemed to go on FOREVER!! 

Also, really quick because I am WAY excited!!! I received my Arkon Stand!!! So I will soon be adding video's to my blog posts! Exciting right? 


This week with Stamp Ink Paper we are designing to a "Cake Walk" theme! I mean we all deserve some cake every once in a while. As a kid, I didn't even like cake for my birthdays or celebrations. My mom always made a big GIANT chocolate chip cookie. Okay, Okay enough about me... Lets get to the details of my card!


I really struggled to put the Petal Passion DSP away... but I have made a promise to myself that I will not use it this week! I may be as infatuated with the Painted With Love DSP as I am the Petal Passion. It is a FULL pack of DSP that lends towards a Valentine theme, every piece has a side with Gold Foil accents. It is absolutely stunning and I will be using more of it in the next few weeks. This is where my cute little hearts came from. It is one of the pieces in the DSP pack that is simply cut using the largest of the Stitched Circles. Once I had this cut, I set it aside. I created my cupcake from the Sweet Cupcake set using Berry Burst, Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo... I then covered it up with the Shimmery White embossing Paste for a "frosting" like look. The base was created using Sahara Sand, Peekaboo Peach and So Saffron. I die cut both pieces using the coordinating dies. I adhered the base of the cupcake with Fast Fuse and the top with Stampin' Dimensionals! The Gold Glimmer paper banner with a strip of Melon Mambo was a nice addition. I used the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday with the Melon Mambo ink at the bottom right. A matte of Rich Razzleberry and card base of Melon Mambo was just the right touch!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I can't wait to Cake Walk through all your creations for this challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment