Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Paper Craft Crew 214 Merry Christmas

Good Morning! It is a chilly fall morning here! It rained on and off most of the night and we even had a thunder storm go through! Spent the evening last night helping or maybe I should say encouraging my oldest to do his homework. I can't seem to get through to him how important it is just go to get it done!!! 

As I told you last week The Paper Craft Crews Challenge #214 is a two week challenge and I decided since I am on the design team, instead of not doing a post at all I would share another card that this sketch inspired me to make!

Challenge Details



I can't believe how easy this card came together!! I just love the fact that it exudes the lodge, rustic like feel that I wasn't necessarily going for but... this may be my personal Christmas card this year!
I started with the Very Vanilla card stock and used the Merry Medley background stamp with Crumb Cake ink at somewhat of an angle. I am a huge fan of our new Layering Dies and as you can see above the squares are what I used to make my Crumb Cake and Warmth & Cheer DSP Square. The Peaceful Pines Bundle was one of my favorites from last years Holiday Catalog and I was so pleased to see it carry over into our Annual! I simply stamped the tree with Garden Green ink onto the Very Vanilla Card Stock and used the coordinating die to cut this with my Big Shot! I knew that somehow I needed to achieve the strip of paper. Knowing I wanted to keep with my rustic approach I crinkled up the music pattern in the This Christmas Designer Series Specialty Paper a few time and did a quick swipe with snail to adhere it to my card. I then attached the tree to the layered square using Stampin Dimensionals and attached it to the card front. I happened to have the "Merry" Christmas Greeting Thinlit already cut out of the Gold Foil for my sentiment. What is a Christmas Tree without a Star? I punched a quick small star out of the same foil, added few gold sequins and bit of Warmth & Cheer washi to finish this beauty off!

Hope to see you all play!! You still have a week to enter! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment