Thursday, April 21, 2016

Stampin Friends Animal Lovers Blog Hop



Hello welcome to the April Stampin' Friends Blog Hop! If you floated over by way of Kirsteen Gill and it is your first time to my blog, Welcome! I just love EVERYTHING that she creates!! We are really lucky to have her. If you are starting with me you can click the button below to get to Kirsteen!

Kirsteen Gill
We also have some amazing guest hoppers this month. Be sure to check out there projects as well! 


This months hop is a fun Animal Lover theme! You would think that with my menagerie (3 Horses, a dog and whatever wild critter that decides to hang out here) that I would have been bubbling over with ideas... Well, not so much. I think what I came up with is really fun! I can't wait to share it with you! 



I just love the colors in this stack of It's My Party DSP!! So the funny thing is that I whipped out this cute little Fridge Magnet To Do List in about 20 minutes! The card was a little harder knowing I needed to incorporate an animal! I knew Zoo Babies would be fun to use so I started with the colors from the It's My Party and the Melon Mambo Lion won!


My super fun card started with a great base of Basic Black Cardstock. With a quick layer of Melon Mambo. I did one more layer using DSP.  Next I cut a thin strip of the star pattern so that my card coordinated with my project! I did a narrow Basic Black strip with some twisted up Melon Mambo/Black Twine. I punched the Melon Mambo lion from Zoo Babies out using a 1 3/8 inch circle punch and layered it on to the 1 3/4 Scallop Circle then adhered it to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. I then used various sizes of circle punches to make my fun little circles with fun little coordinating enamel dots! I didn't want this to be a "Baby" card... I still hadn't used my Party Pants set from Sale-A-Bration and thought that sentiment was absolutely adorable!


I know, I know!! Adorable right? The To Do List pad was a whopping 50 cents!!! So I bought a few thinking MAAAAYYYYBEEE I can figure out something to do with them! Well, I did something and I think this turned out totally cute! I used the backing page from our DSP as my base. I cut it 5.5 inches by 9.5 inches. I cut my Basic Black Cardstock to cover in the same size and used liquid multipurpose glue to adhere it so that it was more sturdy. I then did a matted layer of the Its My Party DSP and like the card did a strip on the right with a quick little twine bow! BOOM! Done! 

I can't thank you all enough for stopping by! 

Don't forget to comment #SFAprHop on each stop of the hop! If you tour the whole hop you have 15 chances of winning a great giveaway!!


Next is Melanie Coverston and I can't wait to see what delightful creations she has for us!

Melanie Coverston
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of all of the hoppers!
Elizabeth Jeanne 
Carolina Evans
Melissa Thomas
Steph Jandrow
Kathie Rotti
Robyn Rasset
Kristal Bell
Deana Benson
Leanne Johnson
Lynn Streifert
Kim Smith
Kirsteen Gill
Andrea Tracy-Tucker You Are Here!
Melanie Coverston



31 comments:

  1. I love that project idea. And so colorful. I will case your card for sure. Great card idea for a youngster also.
    #SFAPRHOP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Andrea - love the to do list - every fridge needs one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you used. Thanks for sharing...#SFAprilhop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! All the bright colors make me think of the circus! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! both your card and your refrigerator to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a hard time focusing on your post because the beautiful horse in the photo kept drawing my eye into the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #SFAprHop Love the fridge magnet to do idea! Love the colors! The card is very cute and the Melon Mambo Lion is a one of a kind precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your project! Thanks for the inspiration! #SFAprHop

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fridge magnet is the bomb, going to make some right now!!! Thanks for sharing!! #SFAPRHOP
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all these colors! Having a to do list that pretty would make the list of things one needs to complete much more enjoyable! Beautiful projects! - Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, CUTE!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #SFAprHop
    Very Nice!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute To Do List and card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and bright love Melon Mambo. #SFAprHop

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the color combo looks great good job

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your bright and playful frig magnet and matching card. I can't believe you found a notepad that so completely matches the It's MY party line. You always do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome site, I love to view others cards and artwork! I would love to win the giveawsy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the to-do list, very cute! #SFAprHop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, I love your projects! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your use of the bright and cheerful colors! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete