Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Stamp Ink Paper #5 Christmas In July


Hey there! Good Tuesday to you! Welcome back to another Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge. This week our challenge is a theme and of course we could not wait to get into the Christmas spirit! So Christmas in July it is!
Click here for challenge details!
The summer seems to slipping away faster and faster! We went to a family reunion over the weekend and the views were spectacular!  
View out the balcony! Westcliffe, Colorado

Waterfall you can see off the rocks. Westcliffe, Colorado
I am almost ready for the kids to be back in school. However, it will be bitter sweet because this will be the first time in 9 years that I have had no kids at home for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week... More time in the stamp room for me!!!! I must confess though, when it is a 100+ degrees Fahrenheit outside it is a little difficult to think of Christmas! 


This great card started with a base of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock, with a matted layer of Pear Pizzazz. The Burlap I bought in a 12 x 12 stack at Michael's and it is by DCWV. I actually used our Rotary Blade on the Stampin' Trimmer to cut this! I pulled some of the loose threads on the sides to kind of give it that frayed edge. The Christmas Tree is from the Retired Special Season stamp set. I stamped this in Pear Pizzazz on to Very Vanilla Card Stock. I used some Wink of Stella in Gold, Silver and White to give the tree some sparkle! I then used the new Lots of Labels Framelits to cut the tree out. I then adhered it to the Burlap using ScorTape. The cork numbers on the bottom right are something I had honestly had in my stash. They were given to me in a stash so I used some Multipurpose Tombow Glue to make sure they didn't come off. The "Merry" is from our sadly retired Expressions Thinlits set. I simply cut this out of Cherry Cobbler card stock and used my Two Way Glue Pen to adhere it to the card!

I really love the way that this turned out! I can't wait to see what the holiday spirit inspires in you!

6 comments:

  1. What can I say? Your card is fabulous and you are definitely a card-making rock star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that burlap background, it adds interesting texture to the card..I will have to try cutting some on my rotary cutter too. That will be my next Michaels coupon, I've seen it in the stacks, but never purchased any. Love the rustic look of your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also use your framelits on it if you modge podge it.. Go look at my hop post from mothers day... I used the spiral flower die on the burlap!

      Delete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, Andrea. I love the country vintage look. I'm going to Michael's for some of that burlap. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!!!! Love the tree...and the burlap kicks ass!!!! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Andrea! I love the texture that the burlap and cork add. The photos of your reunion are amazing! So jelly!

    ReplyDelete