Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Spot 146 Case The Designer

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday! First let me start off by telling you that you are going to see a lot of me this week! So man new goodies to play and the creativity and it is just free flowing! Hope you are all well! We are too! Every one is at school and I have the house to myself which is amazing! Maybe that is why the creativity is free flowing! 

This week The Spot Creative Challenge Team is coming to you with a Case The Designer Challenge! This time we are casing my amazing friend Jay Soriano! Jay has a really specific style and love for color. He does amazing blending backgrounds and his Stampin' Blends skills are on point! 
So when I was trying to decided what to CASE for this challenge I chose to go to Jay's boards on Pinterest! I chose the card below because I LOVE THE LAYOUT!!! 


I chose to CASE the layout the layout above for this challenge but twist it a bit and use the new Snail Mail Suite! 

         

This card started with the cute little die cut from the DSP that the dies from the Snailed It Bundle actually cut! So when you can't color something that you like (Like me with this snail!), you can just use your dies to cut this little dude out! So my snail is the colored succulent in the picture above and is accented with the Bermuda Bay and Real Red die cuts much like the Succulent piece behind the colored image. I chose to use the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper for the Large Stitched Circle and strip across, following along with the sketch. Instead of having the banner with the sentiment I chose to use the word bubble die much like the smaller succulent that peaks out from behind of the top right of the circle. The mushroom stamp was a great touch for the background of this and went along with the sketch (well, in my head it did). A bit of the Snail Mail Twine combo was a great added touch!

Now it is your turn! You can stalk Jay's blog or his Pinterest Boards to find a card you want to CASE!! I can't wait to see what you choose!





No comments:

Post a Comment