Sunday, November 3, 2019

Creation Station Girl Power Blog Hop

Happy Sunday! Can you believe we are already in November?? I can not! The family and I loaded up and went to Sterling yesterday. It is about a 90 mile drive and it was time for us to make a Walmart run. We met up with some friends for lunch before filling two carts. Stocked up on things on I knew were less expensive. I don't miss Walmart but yesterday was a much needed day away.


This month the Creation Station team is designing with the theme "Girl Power". My time management skills have not been great between getting ready for OnStage and a craft fair the week before. After getting home from Walmart, getting everything put away and making a meal for a friend who just got home from the hospital, I wasn't sure if I could come up with anything... So my design today is simple yet chic!


We all know that I can't get enough of feathers! I chose the sheet of Designer Series Paper from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. I chose to make a nice little purse (What girl doesn't love a good purse) and a nice and easy card. 

The card started with a base of Petal Pink with an earthy mat of Soft Suede that was perfect for the feather pattern. I have stamped the sentiment "You've Got This, Girl" in Coastal Cabana for a bit of a pop. It is die cut with the Stitched Nested Label Dies and accented with some fussy cut feathers towards the bottom. A nice double strand Linen Thread bow was just the right touch.

The cute little purse is made from a 6 x 6 of DSP. The closure is made with piece of Petal Pink card stock and a bronze colored Designer Element. The handles are made with Soft Suede card stock to coordinate perfectly with card! You can fill this cute little purse with a small gift or treat!

I am so happy you came by today! I can't wait for you to see what the AMAZING Jeanna Bohanon has created for you today, just click the next button below to get to her blog! Have a fabulous Sunday!




2 comments:

  1. Love these projects. The feather pattern makes them stand-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the earthy girl tones with your creations, Andrea. That purse, though! D x

    ReplyDelete