Friday, July 19, 2019

TGIF Challenges 221 Christmas In July

Good Friday to all of you! I have been a bit absent this week. I was called on Sunday by my friend Amy's husband... needless to say it was not good news. Amy had passed away from cancer. Something she chose to not tell many of us close to her. I believe she did this with good intentions. She wouldn't have wanted any of us constantly checking on her or to be sad. She would have wanted us to be all our sassy selves! I am going to miss her like crazy, 20 years of friendship doesn't just go away...

I was finally able to sit down and make a card yesterday. I had the intentions of making more than one as I wanted to do a blog hop yesterday. Time nor the outside temperature was my friend. This week with the TGIF Challenges Design Team we are creating with a Christmas In July theme!

 Click Here For Challenge Details

With the new Annual Catalog only being live for about a month, Christmas Cards or even the theme have been the least of my worries. When looking at my stamps to create today's card for you, I didn't have very many options! Making Christmas Bright was one of my favorite stamp sets from our 2018 Holiday catalog and I was soooo happy to see it make a return! Let me show you what I have made!


This card started with a layer of Real Red card stock. I have stamped the star pattern at the top right for just an added something. I have nice piece of Granny Apple Green gingham paper from the Brights DSP pack. This has a strip of Real Red card stock with a layer of Real Red DSP. I have taken the Scallop Tag Topper and Granny Apple Green card stock to make a cute little tag by stamping the Christmas light pattern on it with Granny Apple Green ink. My 2 1/4" Circle was perfect for the circle pattern in this stamp set. This is heat embossed in White Stampin' Emboss Powder. A nice Pearlized Doily was just the pop I was looking for when layering this cutie up. I have fussy cut the sentiment and adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals. Some White Bakers Twine, Polka Dot Tulle and a few Glitter Enamel Dots and this card was done!

I can't wait to see ALL of your Christmas creations! 
Have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment