Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Paper Craft Crew 276 A Lovely Color Challenge

Happy Wednesday! Yesterday was the most Monday like Tuesday I have had in a while... Why do kids get so many days off from school?? It isn't the parenting part that is a struggle for me when they are home but with being a work from home parent, it completely throws my timing and days off for the rest of the week!!!

Paper Craft Crew is back with a lovely color challenge for you all to enjoy. You can click the graphic below to get more details and see the other design team submissions. My struggle was to keep this NOT Valentines... You will see why tomorrow!!!

http://wp.me/p3p2Be-1F3




My card started off a little different than most. I sponged the Rose Red ink with Blushing Bride ink to create my Ombre like background. I had seen a back ground similar in an image on Pinterest wear silver glitter started at the top and tapered off over similar colors, that was my inspiration. So once the sponged background was to my liking I did some heat embossed splatters using the Silver Stampin' Emboss powder. The background was screaming valentines... but I fought the fight! I decided to use the Celebration Time Bundle to branch out from the Occasions and Sale A Bration catalogs. The cake is stamped using Rose Red ink and is layered over a Silver Foil banner from the Duet Banner Punch. My pretty pink threads that Jeanna Bohanon inspired me to do is actually the Metallic Edge Berry Burst ribbon that I frayed ON PURPOSE... I kind of looped it around and stuck it down with my dimensionals and stuck onto my Vellum Stitched Oval. A quick Silver Bakers Twine bow was my finishing touch! This is layered onto a piece of Vellum and on a rich base of Basic Gray!

I can't wait to see what you come up with! It doesn't have to be Valentines!!!

Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment