Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Paper Craft Crew 212 Color Challenge

WOOHOO! It is Wednesday!! I can't believe we are already half way through the week! Who didn't love my Post it note holder yesterday?? I am not lying when I tell you that I cranked out about 6 more for craft fair season yesterday! I am going to do about 7 more... maybe they will get done today!
Back to today! 
This week with the Paper Craft Crew our design team had to create a card using 3 of the 4 colors below! I kind of had a hard time... but I pulled up my big girl panties and once I got started the card soared right onto my card stock!



So lets be real. When was the last time that you have seen me use Emerald Envy, Night of Navy and Crushed Curry together?? I am going to go with NEVER!!  I toyed with several ideas. One of them being a nautical theme, which is how I ended up using the Swirly Bird Bundle! The seemed perfect in Crushed Curry and Night of Navy on the Whisper White card stock. I fussy cut this with my Paper Snips and set this aside so I could work on the rest of the card. There really is so much that can be done with Swirly Bird, like my grass! I used the stamp for the larger leaf with my Emerald Envy ink. I wanted the idea of a flowery, grassy meadow and that stamp made my grass! The cute little Crushed Curry flower seemed perfect. I adhered 3 of these with Dimensionals and 2 with Mini Glue Dots. Once I had this part done in my mind I needed a little something more at the top. Well kites fly in the sky... what better than clouds! I know, I know they are not from the Swirly Bird Bundle and neither was the sentiment. They are from the Weather Together Bundle. There are two sizes and I chose the bigger of them to stamp with the Night of Navy Ink along with the sentiment. I decided I wanted a couple to pop up so I stamped a few more to run through the Big Shot and adhered them to the card with Dimensionals. I then added the kite and its Night of Navy string! Now I wasn't quite sure what I was going to put this card on color wise. The Night of Navy DSP was perfect with the Emerald Envy card base. To finish this lovely card up I added some rhinestones to the flowers and the center of the kite! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! I can't wait to see your creations for this weeks challenge!

All items are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise notated!
Cardstock
  • Emerald Envy
  • Whisper White
Stampin' Classic Ink Pad
  • Crushed Curry
  • Night of Navy
  • Emerald Envy
Stamp Sets/Bundles
  • Swirly Bird Bundle
  • Weather Together Bundle
Paper/DSP
  • Regal Color Collection DSPGold Foil 
Embellishments/Trim
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels
  • Mini Staples
Tools/Adhesives
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Mini Glue Dots
  •  Big Shot
  • Magnetic Base
  • Stampin' Trimmer
  • Paper Snips
  • Various Clear Blocks

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! You made those colors work together... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun kite creation! Dandy little flowers along the grounding edge.

    ReplyDelete