Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Paper Craft Crew 210 Sketch Challenge

Happy Wednesday! We are socked in with fog this morning! The weather guy told me yesterday that he thinks our severe weather season is over. Which is okay I guess but I don't get the pictures like the one I shared with you yesterday very much.

I am going to call today Shaker Card Wednesday! Today is one of the only days where I end up posting twice... so stay tuned this evening!

This week with Paper Craft Crew we have a sketch that was rather daunting to look at. It really had a lot of elements to try to represent! Challenge accepted though and I just love this little card!
Click Here for full Challenge Details



First let me say that this paper is so much fun! I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do initially... I actually made my candy jar first using the Jar of Love Bundle with a Crumb Cake jar using Early Espresso ink. I always adhere my window panel on a shaker with Tear N Tape. The Foam Adhesive strips are a God send when it comes to doing shakers. They are just the right thickness so that all of your bits shake really well! My candy in jar is about 5 Real Red stamped peppermints from the Jar of Cheer set that have been punched using a 1/2 inch Circle Punch! I had some loose seed beads to put into my shaker along with some sequins. When I made this card I had received my second holiday catalog order yet, I used the metallic red thread at the top of the jar! If my I had been smart, I should have used the Candy Cane Lane Bakers Twine. The jar is adhered to a circle with a cute little tag coming off the right with "Tis the Season" heat embossed in white. This cute sentiment is from the Peaceful Pines set in the Annual Catalog. Once I had this part figured out the Large Polka Dot TIEF seemed to be the folder that spoke to me! There was still that twine bow with banner at top and I wasn't sure how to nail it! Well, I think I did! I simply fussy cut the mittens from the DSP and adhered them to the thick white bakers twine with glue dots and dimensionals! Now that I had that figured out I adhered the Real Red Large Dots to the Early Espresso....BOOM! 
It really is a great little card! 

Thank You for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Saw your card in the PCCC and wanted to say I love it! So cute and a great take on that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Makes me want some Christmas candy... you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete