Wednesday, November 17, 2021

A Whimsical Deer

Happy Wednesday! Can you believe that we are a week out from Thanksgiving... Don't ask about our plans at this point. We have NONE! Everything hangs in the balance of football this weekend. We are playing in the semi finals, it is sure to be a tough game! Wesley probably wont get thrown in to play but we love supporting the whole team! 
It has been awhile since I sat in my craft room and created for fun. I should be working on orders of Christmas cards but some times in order to keep my creative juices flowing, I have to create for fun! This week the Global Design Project has a fun sketch that I flipped, turned inside out and backwards! When you see the sketch you will understand what I mean...
I loved how the design team interpreted the sketch and thought to myself "Oh I can play with this!". So for today's card, I have paired the Peaceful Deer Bundle with the Christmas Tree Dies and Whimsy & Wonder DSP. Cue the fun colors of Polish Pink, Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green and we have your quintessential non-traditional Christmas Card! Let me show you what I have created!


This fun card kind of happened on accident. I had left over Reindeer that I had stamped for a Christmas Card order that had been stamped using Polished Pink ink. I originally used the Wonderful Snowflake like a stencil but you will noticed I stuck one underneath my scalloped rectangle from the Scalloped Contour Dies. The Whimsy & Wonder DSP has got to be one of most favorite DSP's EVER. Strong statement right??  I have used our Rectangle Stitched Dies for the Polished Pink herringbone like pattern. This is on a cheerful layer of Coastal Cabana that is embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. I just love Granny Apple Green with this color combo and it made an excellent base to accent my trees from the Christmas Tree Dies.

I sure hope you enjoyed my cheerful and bright Christmas Card today! Make sure you don't miss out on our seasonal sale! Cardstock, Ink and Dies! Oh My! Just click below to start your shopping!



1 comment: