Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Spot Not Yo Mommas Card Challenge

Happy Tuesday! I am enjoying a hot cup of coffee in silence while typing up my post this morning... sometimes I wake up early just so I can drink my coffee in silence. It is for everyones safety! The kids and I will be working on seed tapes today of carrots and radishes for the garden. I am hoping to plant some of the flowers I got from the nursery on Friday. For those of you who garden, do you follow the Farmer's Almanac? In Colorado there is also the theory of not planting things before Mother's Day... I tend to be a bit of a rule breaker anyway.

Click Here For Full Challenge Details
This week The Spot Design Team is creating cards that are not so average. We are calling it the Not Yo' Momma's Card. You may see some fun folds or Unisex type cards and cards that are NOT for mom!!  I chose to make a fun fold. That isn't necessarily for mom but maybe for an amazing friend. Now I can't take credit for this amazing fold design. I tend to treasure or hoard cards from swaps... I usually keep my very favorites. I received a swap card from my demo friend in California Amy Combs at OnStage in Vegas, I hadn't pulled it out of the clear envelope until a couple of weeks ago, so she gets the credit for the design of this fold. Let me show you what I have created!




Adorable, right?! This card has a rich base of Early Espresso with a mat and accents of Mossy Meadow. I have used the Stampin' Blends Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow and Ivory to color the Magnolia. This was nicely accented with the Magnolia Lane DSP stripe and the Bird Ballad DSP. I even added a bit of the Pressed Petals DSP wood. The Stitched So Sweetly Dies are a go to and a favorite. To create my label I stamped the smaller magnolia in Petal Pink and sentiment from the To A Wild Rose in Early Espresso before die cutting. My label is accented with a bit of Striped Petal Pink and Lace Trim. A few Gold Glitter Enamel dots were an amazing touch. 

I will be making this fold live on Thursday... Stay Tuned for a time!

I can't wait to see what you make for this challenge! 



No comments:

Post a Comment