Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Spot 110 Inspiration Challenge

Good Morning and happy Tuesday! We had a chilly day yesterday with cold wet weather and wind. It even snowed to the east of us! I am so glad that I hadn't planted all of my garden plants yet! I am sure my tomatoes and zucchini will thank me! I was told my peas will be okay because they are a cooler weather crop... who knew? The kids only have 2 official days left of school and I can't tell you how happy that makes me!

This week The Spot has an Inspiration Challenge for you. The thing I love the most about inspiration challenges is the freedom we have in creating. It is almost as good as doing a sketch! You can click the photo below to get all the details on the challenge.
Who is impatiently waiting for the new catalog??? Well my preorder came on Friday and I could not wait to ink up the Tasteful Touches stamp set! This set will make its debut in just a few weeks, it features amazing texture stamps, a feather (SQUEAL!) and a flower, in the bundle the dies are amazing labels of different styles and stitching... Enough about that! Wait, did I mention the 24 sheet pack of Designer Series Paper that has amazing wood and tile patterns...DROOL WORTHY! Let me show you what I have created today!


My card started with the Petal Pink layer,  I have stamped the feather with Petal Pink ink and embossed the layer with the new Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. I distressed the edges with an old pair of Paper Snips. My Soft Seafoam layer is stamped with Soft Seafoam ink using the greenery like stamp on my corners. To add a bit of visual texture I have heat embossed the square like pattern in gold. I accented this with the In Good Taste Elements. The Merry Merlot stamped sentiment is on one of the amazing labels in this bundle. It is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals over the wood pieces. A bit of Linen Thread was just what the card needed. This is nicely layered onto a mat of Merry Merlot card stock with a base of Soft Seafoam. 

I am so excited to see what this challenge inspires you to make! You can just click the link above to join in on the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment