Thursday, January 30, 2020

A Paper Pumpkin Thing I’ll Be Yours Blog Hop

Happy Thursday!!! I can't believe that we are only a few days away from February, can you? January seems like the longest month ever, and then BOOM it is February!! Taryn (my youngest and only daughter of the 3), turns 10 on the 4th and it always seems to sneak up on me right after Christmas! I can't believe in a week, all of my kids will be in the double digits! 
A Paper Pumpkin Thing is back!! Can you believe we have been around for almost 3 years!? It was an idea that started with the "It's A Sara Thing" kit. Hence the name of ours! A group of us liked the idea of a Paper Pumpkin blog hop, since there was not one out there at the time... and here we are killing it, 3 years later!

January kits are always hard for me to REALLY repurpose or make into alternatives for the kit. With kids in Elementary school, I am always looking for ways to make cute, easy Valentines. So for my designs today, I have paired the stamp set, bee die cuts, Heartfelt Bundle and Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper with some of my favorite stitched dies! Let me show you what I have come up with!


I just love the way that both of these cards came out today! I have paired the Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper with So Saffron and Gold Foil. I love that the stamp set in the I'll Bee Yours kit coordinates with the Heartfelt Bundle in our Mini Catalog and I took full advantage of that!


The tiny sentiments were perfect to put onto the smallest Stitched So Sweetly Dies and it paired so nicely with our Rectangle Stitched Dies. Did you know that there is a stitched stamp in the Heartfelt stamp set? I actually heat embossed it in Gold to coordinate with my card.


I started this card with a piece of Whisper White and stamped the Bee's from the kit in So Saffron ink and die cut it with the largest Rectangle Stitched Die. I added a bit of a banner to go under my heart. Like I said above, the smallest Stitched So Sweetly die was perfect for the tiny sentiments in the kit! My heat embossed gold stitched heart from the Heartfelt bundle is layered over a Gold Foil heart also from the Heartfelt Bundle. A bit of twine and a Bee die cut from the kit and this card was done!


I wanted my second card to coordinate with the first... I took the stitched stamp from the Heartfelt stamp (again) and stamped a background with So Saffron Ink onto the So Saffron card stock. This card also has the Golden Honey DSP. I punched a heart out of both the stripe and So Saffron so that the heart stamp from the kit peeks out from behind in So Saffron ink. The heart is accented with tiny flowers in the kit in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. A few metallic pearls, bee's from the kit and a bit of twine from Sale A Bration and the kit and this card was done!

I can't wait for you to see what my friends have made with the kit this month! There is a full blog roll below for you to Bee even more inspired!

Happy Hopping!


2 comments: