Friday, February 8, 2019

TGIF Challenges 198 Be My Valentine Sketch

Hey there! TGIF!!! It has been a crazy busy week. Between my sickness, playing catch up from the kids cooties and helping a friend as well as Joshua's appointments... this girl is trying to catch a break! Maybe there is a light at the end of this tunnel!


Today I am having a private class with some amazing homeschooled kiddo's! My friend Jodi asked me to create a Valentine Class for this group and I honestly can't wait to get crafty with this crew. I have chosen to create using our Paper Pumpkin Kit from January. So my design for this weeks TGIF Challenges sketch is a fabulous alternative for the Be Mine kit that coordinates with the Animal Expedition suite!


I know my card is a bit on the beginner to casual stamper side but with 10 kids coming I wasn't quite sure if they would be as savvy as my Taryn! My card starts with a base of Basic Gray, with a bright mat of Lemon Lime Twist. To add a bit of technique for the kids today I chose to use the Dot To Dot embossing folder on my Melon Mambo layer. A nice strip of Pool Party is accented by a strip of the Animal Expedition DSP. The Kangaroo die cut from the Paper Pumpkin kit is layered over a 2 1/4" Circle of the Animal Expedition DSP that is adhered to the scalloped circle die cut in the kit. This card wasn't quite complete until I added the Whisper White Bakers Twine bow with sentiment and the Melon Mambo heart!

Thank You so much for stopping by today! I can't wait to see what you whip up for this sketch! 


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment