Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Paper Craft Crew 216 Sketch Challenge

Good Morning! It was nice yesterday to spend the day in my craft room! I whipped my card for today and started on tags for goody bags for the younger two's Halloween parties on Friday! The crunch is on because my craft fair is in 2 weeks!!!

I am designing with the Paper Craft Crew today and we have a fun sketch for you to play along with!
I took the opportunity to NOT do a fall themed card! My head is in Christmas and I hope you all appreciate it!




My card honestly started with my looking at the Holiday catalog... I have the Holly Jolly Layers set and love how they layered it up in the catalog on page 3! Of course things always need to have my spin on them but that is where I got my inspiration for the card today!
The design of the card started with Holly Jolly Layers. I stamped the first image with Basic Black Archival ink. The next layer I used was a lovely layer of Cherry Cobbler. If you look close my Gold Stampin' Emboss Holly on the Very Vanilla Card stock is on a small little layer of Garden Green. These two layers were adhered with Liquid Multipurpose and then attacked to the Cherry Cobbler with a Stampin' Dimensional. Next I inked up my Merry Medley with Cherry Cobbler ink and stamped on the top left corner.  I used the Music Note piece of This Christmas Specialty DSP on the very edge with my Burlap Ribbon. A few loops of Gold and Green Metallic Thread and a couple dimensionals and I adhered this to the card front! It is matted onto Garden Green card stock with an A2 Base in Cherry Cobbler!

Thank You again for stopping in! I can't wait to see how interepret our sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment