Thursday, October 8, 2015

OSAT October Blog Hop Halloween or Fall Theme


Welcome to our October OSAT Blog Hop! If you got here by way of Marisa Gunn I can't believe the amazing creations she did! She ALWAYS makes me say "Wow" and sometimes it is hard to do!! The lovely Tenia Nelson is also guest hopping with us this month! I am hoping she will want to say!!

Well as you can see this month's hop is Fall or Halloween theme! I have started creating for a local craft fair so it was hard for me to take a step back so to speak from making Christmas stuff to making Fall stuff again!  I hope you love my creations this month! I'll give you the scoop...


As you can see, I broke out my retired Sweater Weather DSP. Would you believe I somehow had an unopened pack?


So my lovely card color scheme was made with the Sweater Weather DSP colors. I started with a rich base of Chocolate Chip Card Stock. The second layer is Crushed Curry. The Very Vanilla Card Stock was stamped with Chocolate Chip using Lovely As A Tree. The banner at the top was layered on 1" Strip of the Sweater Weather DSP you will see why I used this in just a moment. I then took about 3/4" Strip of Very Vanilla and used the Banner Triple punch on both ends. I took the Very Vintage Designer Buttons and use a gold Sharpie! YES!!! A SHARPIE!!! I thought they didn't really look right plain! The cute little bows were using linen thread... 
Now for the best thing ever!! I am going to be honest when I woke up Wednesday morning with NOTHING done for this hop, I was thinking Halloween... Thank heavens for emails from Splitcoast Stampers because they gave me my A-HA moment!!


Is this not totes adorbs!?!?!? You can get the tutorial here !! I'll tell you what I used! The DSP is Sweater Weather. Instead of the spools in the tutorial I used a wine cork! I used Old Olive Card stock to wrap the cork and make the leaves with retired Blossom Builder Punch. The "Vines" were made using 1/4" strips of Old Olive curled using a pencil. The bow was made using our retired Hemp Twine and I hot glued the button to the front of it. "Thanks" is from the Expressions Natural Elements. I used the Stampin' Up Doily on bottom over a burlap circle I cut with Circle collection framelit after using modge podge... 

Phew!! All in a days work!!! I am so glad you stopped by! I can't wait for you to see our Guest Hoppers Tenia Nelson's goodies! She gave me a sneak peak! 
Have a great rest of your week!

Tenia Nelson




  •  Maggie Mata
  •  Elizabeth
  •  Martie
  •  Dena Rekow
  •  Tina Riddle
  •  Terri Takashige
  •  Diane Squires    
  •  Wynne 
  •  AJ Bodine 
  •  Megan
  •  Renee Ondrajka
  •  Raquelle Clifton
  •  Justin Krieger
  •  Lori Mueller
  • Jeanna Bohanon 
  • Marisa Gunn 
  • Andrea Tucker -- You Are Here!!!
  • Tenia Nelson -- Next



  • 28 comments:

    1. I love fall! Your little pumpkin is so cute!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awwww, that pumpkin would look perfect on my office desk. I know I have some of that DSP (hoarded) away...time to use it up. Cute projects!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank You so much Lori for stopping by! I too hoard DSP!!

        Delete
    3. Your card is gorgeous and you know I LOVE that sweet little pumpkin! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh my gosh, these are such sweet projects!!! The cork is genius (However, my favorite wine is a screw-top, what will I do????) That may be good otherwise I could have a serious collection of corks and my house would be filled with decoratvie paper pumpkins! :) But seriously--these are delightful projects and I really want to make the card--LOVE that you used a sharpie!! TOTES ADORBS is right!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Dena! I am so glad to have you with us on the hop! So glad that you and I are becoming Unfiltered Stampin' friends!!! Thank you for stopping by!

        Delete
      2. Me, too!!! 😘😘😘😘

        Delete
    5. Thank goodness for SCS and Pinterest! I just love both of your projects, your colors and design are perfect!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well AJ Great minds think alike!! I think both came up with great pumpkins!! Thank You so much for stopping by!

        Delete
    6. one of my favorite stamps - your card feels like fall...and love the wine cork for the stem on the pumpkin - who doesn't love a wine cork? tee hee

      ReplyDelete
    7. Cute card & project! I tried one of those pumpkins with no success. Yours is great!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I don't want you getting a big head, so I'm not going to tell you how amazingly, cute your pumpkin is or how perfectly balanced your card is...you already know how amazing you are ;-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Blah!!! I really don't "know" that I am amazing... I honestly surprise myself daily!! Thank You so much for you kind words!

        Delete
    9. Lovely card and adorable pumpkin! Love how you used the wine cork for the pumpkin top.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am taking wine cork donations LOL!!!! Thank you so much for stopping in and your kind words!

        Delete
    10. Love your projects. The simplicity of the card and the cute pumpkin that I would love to CASE!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Of course your projects are adorbs!!! I am really happy that our paths have crossed. Our FT chats are always what I seem to need right at that time. You are blessing my friend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am truly blessed by the friendships that Stampin' Up! has opened the doors to! You are a blessing as well! Thank You for your kind words!

        Delete
    12. You Rocked this hop, lady!! Love your projects & card! Awesome job!!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Oh that PUMPKIN though!!!! So so so cute!

      ReplyDelete
    14. If I used all the corks from my wine bottles to make sweet little pumpkins like yours...I'd be at it for months. LOL. Love your projects.

      ReplyDelete